At Bryce Hearing Services we provide hearing aid batteries in sizes – 10, 312 & 13.
All batteries are priced at £2.50 for 1 packet of 6 batteries.
A box of 10 packets, containing 6 batteries each, is priced at £20.
Important battery information:
There are many factors that affect how long a hearing aid battery lasts:
An individual’s hearing loss – As severity increases:
- Increased amplification is required
- Increasing current
- Reducing battery life
2. The battery size – As the physical size of the batteries decrease, the amount of ingredients needed o power the battery also decreases, making the battery life shorter for smaller batteries and longer for bigger batteries.
3. An individual’s hearing aid usage – Two things to take into account:
- How many days a week do you wear your hearing aid?
- How many hours a day do you wear your hearing aid?
4. Instrument Differences – Sophisticated features such as noise cancellation and multi-channel processing may reduce battery life by up to 20%. Wireless and Bluetooth features when in use can increase the current up to 300% further reducing battery life.
5. Environment – Low & High humidity can affect the battery in different ways.
- Batteries may dry out, reducing the battery life.
- Drying out may be occur if users are indoors during the winter months in northern climates & if wood buring appliances are used to heat the home. Keeping the battery in dry aid kits in an already dry environment & using the hearing device intermittently may also cause the battery to dry out.
- Batteries may take on moisture, interfering with the natural discharge expansion, resulting in swelling/leakage and reducing battery life.
- Your batteries may take on moisture if you work outdoors for extended periods in high temperature/high humidity areas or you live in a non air conditioned environment in high humidity areas
As temperature is reduced:
- Hearing aid battery voltage is lowered and reaches functional end point earlier, reducing battery life.
- Thic can be an issue if individuals are working outside in the winter or in a refrigerated environment.
As altitude increases:
- Percentage of oxygen level in the air is reduced, lowering the hearing aid battery voltage, causing the battery to reach the endpoint earlier and reduces battery life.
- This can be an issue if individuals live in areas at high altitude or travel by plane when battery is in late discharge.
If you would like to purchase batteries from Bryce Hearing Services please visit our office . If you are unable to visit our office you are welcome to contact us & we will post to your home.